1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tbsp garlic powder)
1 red pepper, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 cup diced snow peas
3 mushrooms, diced
3 stalks green onion, diced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp chile flakes
1/2 cup dry white wine (or 3/4 cup (optional))
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
3/4 cup vegetable broth (or use 1 bullion cube in 3/4 cup water)
1/4 cup tomato sauce (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb. white fish, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 lb. shrimp
2 tbsp garlic stuffed olives (~10)
pepper to taste
1) In a large saucepan, fry garlic, onion, carrot and red pepper in olive oil over medium heat for 5-7 min. Add the snow peas, mushrooms, green onion and dried spices and fry another 3-5 min, until the peas are tender.
2) Add the white wine and cook for another 2-3 min.
3) Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5-7 min, smashing the tomatoes occasionally, until many of the tomatoes are reduced to sauce.
4) Add the fish pieces and cover with broth. (If you have reduced the broth too much to cover the fish, add another 1/4 cup white wine and 1/4 cup tomato sauce to increase). Cover the stew to bring it back to a simmer. Cook 5-7 min or until the fish is almost cooked through.
5) Add the shrimp and olives and continue to simmer until the shrimp is cooked through, 3-5 min.
6) Remove from heat and add pepper to taste. Serve with fresh baked crusty bread.