1 cup pastry flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp creme of tartar
1 cup boiling water
10-20 drops food coloring (optional)
1-5 drops essential oil or extract (optional, for scent)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1) In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients until blended.
2) In a liquid measuring bowl, add food coloring (optional), scent (optional), and boiling water.
3) Pour water in to dry mixture while mixing with a spoon. Mix as thoroughly as you can with the spoon and then use your hands to work the mixture until completely combined.
4) Pour vegetable oil over dough and then work it in to the dough until completely combined.
5) Roll into a ball-like shape and let cool to room temperature.
6) Place in a ziplock bag, being careful to remove as much air as possible.
7) Store in the refrigerator for up to a year, adding more vegetable oil if it starts to dry out.