2 cups chicken stock
1 cup white rice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
1 small zucchini
1/2 cup cucumber, sliced and quartered
3 green onions
1 lb medium fresh shrimp (or 1/2 lb cooked baby shrimp)
1 tomato (or 2 tbsp tomato sauce)
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
fresh ground pepper
1) Cook rice in chicken stock for 15-20 min. Drain excess water and set aside. Rice should be tender and somewhat wet, not dry.
2) Slice green onions and slice and quarter zucchini and mushrooms. If using tomato, seed and dice. Peel and de-vein shrimp (if required).
3) In a large frying pan, in 1 tbsp oil, stir-fry broccoli and zucchini for 2-3 min. Add cucumber, onion and mushroom and stir-fry for another 5 min.
4) If cooking fresh shrimp, fry them in another pan in the remaining 1 tbsp oil for 2 min or until pink. If using cooked baby shrimp, add the extra oil and shrimp to the already fried vegetable mixture and stir in.
5) Add tomato (or tomato sauce), fresh shrimp (if using), rice, parmesan cheese and pepper (to taste) to the vegetable mix and continue to stir-fry for another 5 min or until rice begins to get pasty.