for more delicious recipes by Aunt Julie, go to: julieam.wordpress.com
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion
1/2 block firm tofu
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp garam masala
3-4 cups baby spinach (equivalent of a package of frozen spinach)
1 (28 oz) can chopped tomatos
1 (400 ml) can of thick coconut milk
1-2 tbsp red thai curry paste
1) Finely chop onion, mushrooms, tofu and place in large frying pan. Crush garlic and add spices and oil. Fry on high heat until onion is soft. Remove from heat and add chopped tomatoes.
2) In a 16 oz glass measuring cup, combine coconut milk and curry paste with a spoon or whisk.
3) In two or three batches, transfer fried vegetable mixture to a blender or food processor and puree, adding loose spinach as possible. You may need to add coconut milk to achieve sufficient wetness to allow blending.
4) When all spinach has been added and all fried mixture pureed, pour the contents into a large soup pot and add any remaining coconut milk.
5) Simmer on medium-low heat, stirring often for 15-20 min.
6) Serve with naan and salad.