altered from Reader’s Digest – Clara Honeyager
3 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cold butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt for the crust. Cut in butter until crumbly.
2) Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10 x 15 inch cookie sheet.
3) Bake at 350° for 18-20 min or until crust edges are beginning to brown and bottom is set.
4) Melt the butter for the filling.
5) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine melted butter with eggs, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour over crust.
6) Bake at 350° for 25-30 min or until crust edges are firm and center is almost set.
7) Let cool for 30 min before cutting into bars. Refrigerate before serving.