1 cup oil (try 3/4 cup margarine)
2 cup brown sugar (lightly packed) (try one of each)
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
3 cup grated carrots (lightly packed)
2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
2/3 cup raisins (optional)
1) In a medium-sized bowl, combine oil (margarine?) and sugar. Add eggs one at a time until each is thoroughly mixed.
2) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, powder and spices. Add to wet ingredients above and mix well.
3) Fold in grated carrots, nuts and raisins (if desired).
4) Pour into 9 x 13 inch baking pan or spoon into mini muffin baking cups/tin. For cake or loaf, bake at 325° for 1 hour. For mini muffins, bake for 25 min.
5) Let cool at least 30 min before icing (see below for cream cheese icing recipe).
CREAM CHEESE ICING:
1/2 pkg (125 g) Philadelphia cream cheese
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1) Wait until cream cheese has reached room temperature, then blend it with melted butter.
2) Add icing sugar a bit at a time while blending.
3) Add vanilla while blending.