1-2 lb extra lean ground beef
1 pkg Kraft Shredded Four Cheese – Italiano
2-3 tbsp olive oil (omit if using meat)
1 can/jar spaghetti sauce (Classico)
2 cup ricotta cheese
grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
4-6 cloves garlic
2 tsp basil (or 1 tbsp fresh chopped)
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
1 large or 2 small zucchini
1 large yellow or red bell pepper
1-2 cup raw spinach (optional)
1 medium onion
12 ready bake lasagna noodles
1. If using meat, dice the onion. If not using meat, slice onion with other vegetables (in step 3). Fully cook the beef on medium-high in a frying pan. Add the onion and saute for 5 min.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine oil (omit if using meat), spaghetti sauce, ricotta, eggs, and spices. Mix until well blended.
3. Thinly slice vegetables as you would for pizza toppings. (Slice zucchini lengthwise in wide thin strips).
4. Thinly coat bottom of a glassware 9 x 13 cake pan with sauce mixture.
5. For a meat lasagna, add three layers of each: noodle, beef/onion, vegetable, and sauce. Top with shredded cheese. (I use the entire package!) Sprinkle with grated parmesan (optional).
6. For a veggie lasagna, add three layers of each: noodle, vegetable, sauce, and shredded cheese. Sprinkle with grated parmesan (optional).
My favourite lasagna has ingredients in the following order (bottom to top):
noodle, (beef/onion), zucchini, sauce, (cheese),
noodle, (beef/onion), mushroom, sauce, (cheese), spinach,
noodle, (beef/onion), yellow pepper (& onion), sauce,
shredded cheese, parmesan cheese
7. Bake at 350 for 50 min or until cheese is brown and sauce is bubbling.